When Hot Water Heaters are On the Fritz, Call J.C. Dillon
A water heater in disarray can be detrimental to the health and safety of your home or business. Especially during winter, when your pipes are at risk of freezing, having hot water is a must! Thankfully, if your hot water heaters are down, J.C. Dillon can supply the heater repair or replacement you require. Since the 1950s, our family-owned business has served clients throughout Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and the Midwest.
How to Tell Your Water Heater Needs Service
There are a few tell-tale signs your water heater is malfunctioning. If you are aware of the signs early enough, you can sometimes fend off complete replacement with hot water heater repair. However, J.C. Dillon’s plumbers can provide necessary installation services if such is required.
- No Hot Water -The most obvious sign of a water heater not working is the absence of hot water. J.C. Dillon will inspect your water heater’s pilot light, gas connections, thermocouple, and more to determine the reasoning behind its non-responsiveness.
- Minimal Hot Water -Perhaps your water isn’t as hot as it used to be, or it’s taking a long while to heat up. Even if your water eventually reaches optimal temperatures, your water heater is signifying future failure.
- Leaking -If you check around a water heater’s pipes and main systems and discover water where it shouldn’t be, you might have a leak! Water heater leaks might not cause issues immediately, but leaks have the potential to cause water damage or place stress on your utility bills.
- Dirty/Smelly Water -The water from your faucets should always look clear and be without smell. Anything otherwise to the contrary, and there’s a problem with your plumbing! Cloudy water can be caused by mineral deposit buildup in your water heater, while foul odors could result from bacteria growth.
- Loud Noises/Strange Sounds -Your water heating system should run quietly. However, if you begin noticing an increase in noise from your water heater, your system requires repair or cleaning. Mineral deposits, calcium and dirt can build up in your heater’s tank near crucial components, causing them to emit strange sounds when running. If ignored, said components will begin to break down.
How Can We Help?
Depending on the problems your hot water heaters might be experiencing, J.C. Dillion will apply appropriate services for as quick a resolution as possible. Sometimes, a simple cleaning of your tank and system is enough to ensure its function. Other times, repair or replacement might be necessary.
- Cleaning/Maintenance -By cleaning your water heater’s tank and system components, we can prevent rust and corrosion and remove dirt, mineral deposits and other debris. Our plumbers can help safely flush your system and perform preventative maintenance to ensure your system’s longevity.
- Repair -If experiencing any of the above issues, your water heater likely has malfunctioning parts or components. Rather than replacing the entire system, J.C. Dillion will pinpoint the problem and work to repair or replace the components causing said issues.
- Replacement/Installation -Is your water heater beyond repair? Perhaps your hot water system is too old and in need of updating. No matter the scenario, J.C. Dillon can lend a hand. We help you select the best hot water heaters for your home or business and provide quick and expert installation of your new system.
Contact Our Office
If hot water heaters for your home or business aren’t functioning as they should, don’t put off repair or replacement services! Ensure you have help from the expert plumbers at J.C. Dillon Inc. To learn more about our residential and commercial plumbing services, contact us today at 309-689-1596. Our main office is located at 1515 W Luthy Dr, Peoria, IL 61615, with locations serving Romeoville IL, St. Louis MO, and Davenport IA.